Instead of salt, a variety of spices are used to add flavor to this holiday appetizer. Recipe makes 24 meatballs.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup diced shallot (or onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the quinoa in 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the water is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Check occasionally and stir to make sure that the bottom of the pan isn’t burning or sticking.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, transfer the quinoa to a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooling, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Using your hands, mix until evenly distributed.
- Shape the mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!