Five ingredients is all you’ll need for this insanely delicious dinner. Gnocchi is a potato dumpling and you can find them in the refrigerated section at your grocery store. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 (9-ounce) packaged refrigerated sweet potato gnocchi (such as Nuovo)
- 2 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions and drain.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook 8 minutes, or until crisp, stirring frequently.
- Remove the bacon from the pan; drain on a paper towel.
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon drippings; discard remaining.
- Add the butter to the drippings; cook 1 minute.
- Add the sage and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan and saute 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Divide the gnocchi evenly among 4 plates.
- Top evenly with bacon, cheese and pepper.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!