Oatmeal can be boring. But it doesn’t have to be. Sunflower seed butter is used in this recipe as a nut-free alternative but feel free to use peanut butter or almond butter. Recipe serves 1.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- dash of salt
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon shaved dark chocolate
What you’ll do:
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the oats and a dash of salt.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the banana.
- Mash 1/3 of the slices in a small bowl.
- Stir the sunflower seed butter, brown sugar and mashed banana into the warm oats.
- Top with the remaining banana and chocolate shavings.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!