A spin on the traditional taco night with pork and mango. If you can’t find mango, substitute pineapple. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mango
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 lime wedges
What you’ll do:
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and allspice in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan; swirling to coat.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove the pork from the pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan and saute 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Remove the onion mixture from the pan.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Top the tortillas evenly with the pork, onion mixture, mango and cilantro.
- Serve tacos with a lime wedge.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!