Roasting the shrimp prevents overcooking the shrimp while still keeping them tender. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a dish.
- Add the shrimp; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion; saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, chicken broth, 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet; roast for 4 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, lemon rind, vinegar, mustard and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour half of the mixture over the beans and toss.
- Stir in the mint.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Sprinkle with feta and arrange the shrimp alongside the beans.
- Top with the remaining dressing.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!