By mashing half of the beans, the quesadillas are creamier and stay together better. Serve with a fruit salad. Recipe makes 4 quesadillas.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups prechopped peeled butternut squash
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
What you’ll do:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the squash and 6 tablespoons of water; cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the kale, oil and salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup of beans in a bowl and mash.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of beans and the squash to the bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tortillas.
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to stove over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Add 2 tortillas and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!