With a few store-bought ingredients, this family favorite is not only quick but also tasty. Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (32-ounce) box chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10.2 ounce) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
What you’ll do:
- In a Dutch oven, bring the chicken broth, rotisserie chicken, chicken soup and poultry season to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
- Place the biscuits on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat each biscuit into an 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Drop the strips, 1 at a time, into the boiling broth mixture.
- Add the carrots and celery.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the dumplings from sticking.
Recipe and image from Southern Living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!