Nutty and buttery, this is your new solution to getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl.
- Place the egg in a second bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- Dredge the chicken in the pecans, pressing to coat.
- Cook the chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from skillet and wipe the skillet clean.
- Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Add the garlic and saute 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the basil and the parsley along with the cooked tortellini.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with the chicken.
Recipe and image from Southern Living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!