This pie is inspired by the traditional pecan pie but instead of pecans, walnuts and bright cranberries are used to balance the sweetness. Recipe serves 10.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll the dough into an 11-inch circle and fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Fold the edges under.
- Line the bottom of the dough with a piece of foil and top with dried beans.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans and bake for 1 more minute.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine the maple syrup, corn syrup, butter, cornstarch, vanilla extract, salt and eggs in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Gently stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set, covering the crust with foil after 30 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!