Make a classic family favorite in a fraction of the time. Serve with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced mushroom blend
- 1 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
What you’ll do:
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the noodles and cook 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Cut the beef across the grain into 1/4-inch wide strips. Cut the strips into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Add the beef and saute for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan.
- Add the onion, pepper, salt, paprika and mushrooms to the pan.
- Saute 4 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Combine 1/4 cup broth and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the broth mixture, remaining 3/4 cup broth and 1/2 cup water to the pan, scraping the pan to loosen the browned bits.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, green onions and butter.
- Serve the beef mixture over the noodles and top with parsley.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!