Cheesy quesadillas take no time to prepare. Serve with some cut up fruit on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup salsa
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, onions, green chiles and pepper; saute 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean.
- Place about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese over half of a tortilla.
- Repeat procedure with all tortillas.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla in the pan; cook 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!