Quick and easy but totally crave-worthy. Recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 (3-ounce) whole wheat sub rolls
- 1 1/3 cups packaged coleslaw
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Thousand Island dressing
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, coriander, garlic, pepper, sugar, salt, ground red pepper and turkey in a large bowl.
- Shape into 16 meatballs (about 1 heaping tablespoon each).
- Place meatballs on a broiler pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil for 8 minutes or until done, turning once.
- While the meatballs cook, hollow out the bread, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. (Reserve the bread for another use – like bread crumbs!)
- Combine the coleslaw, dressing and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- Arrange 4 meatballs and 1 slice of cheese on the inside of each roll.
- Place under the broiler for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
- Divide the slaw among sandwiches.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!