Meat, cheese and pasta – what’s not to love? This comforting dinner will please both kids and adults. Recipe serves 6 in under 30 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 1/2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
What you’ll do:
- Heat a Dutch oven (or large saucepan) over medium-high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add the beef, garlic powder, coriander, cumin and chili powder.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the macaroni.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until the macaroni is done.
- Heat the milk and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook 4 minutes or until the cheese melts, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cheddar.
- Add the cheese sauce to the macaroni mixture and toss to coat.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!