This comforting dinner is bursting with fresh flavors. Serve with a side of green beans. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cups Gala apple wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan and swirl.
- Pat the onions dry with a paper towel.
- Add onions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the apple to the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the apples and onions are tender.
- Remove and stir in 2 teaspoons of butter, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat another large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil to the pan.
- Add pork to the pan and cook 3 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the pork from the pan and keep warm.
- Combine the broth and the flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil, and using a whisk, loosen the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the vinegar and the remaining teaspoon of butter.
- Serve the sauce with the pork and apple mixture.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!