Caramelized carrots and fresh, juicy grapes lend a welcome sweetness to this quinoa. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups diagonally cut carrot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions.
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups mixed greens
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the carrots, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, yogurt, lemon juice, water, honey, cumin and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the carrots, quinoa, chicken, grapes, green onions, parsley and almonds.
- Place 1 cup of the salad greens in each bowl.
- Top each with 1 1/2 cups of the quinoa mixture.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!