Indian food doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, this dish is super simple and kid-friendly. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup basil
What you’ll do:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 2 1/2 cups water and a 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Nestle them in the partially cooked rice.
- Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in the basil before serving.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!