Ideal for a weeknight supper, this vegetarian-friendly soup can be made ahead and reheated just before serving. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
What you’ll do:
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions.
- Saute for 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Add the corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, red pepper and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the half-and-half, parsley and salt.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups of soup in each bowl and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!