The basic salad with red wine-lemon vinaigrette is easy and works great, but you can customize the salad with your favorite vegetables (or fruits) and dressing. Just about anything will match the steak. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean, boneless sirloin steak
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained and rinsed
What you’ll do:
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (chili powder through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the meat.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Let the steak sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- While the steak cooks; combine the salad greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Top the salad with the steak before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!