While the tomato mixture pairs perfectly with the chicken thighs it would also be great with seared tuna steaks. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Prepare the grill and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- To prepare the chicken, combine 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add the chicken and seal.
- Marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the tomatoes.
- Combine the tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of oil in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, parsley, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, capers, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the tomato mixture with the chicken.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.