If you don’t typically keep brandy on hand, simply use 1/4 cup more chicken broth. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 pitted plums, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
What you’ll do:
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with the allspice.
- Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute about 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the brandy, and cook 30 seconds or until the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, sage and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Arrange the plums in the pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- Serve the chicken along with the plums and juice from pan.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!