Who says nachos are solely meant for salty chips and oniony salsa? Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 16 wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 diced peeled kiwi
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange wontons on the baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine 3 teaspoons of sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the wontons with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake the wontons for 10 minutes, rotating after 5. Cool completely on the pan.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar, coconut milk and the salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the coconut milk mixture; cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Combine all the fruit in a bowl and toss.
- Place the wontons on a platter and top with fruit.
- Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle on the coconut and mint.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!