Budget-friendly chicken legs get a kick from a marinade of citrus juices and soy sauce before grilling. Serve these at your next cookout with a classic potato salad or baked beans. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
What you’ll do:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, saving the marinade.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Place chicken on the grill that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 30 minutes or until cooked through, turning and basting with the marinade during the cooking time.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!