To capture all of its saucy flavor, plate this quick weeknight family favorite over hot cooked rice. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (4-ounce) ground sirloin patties
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen bell pepper stir-fry (such as Bird’s Eye)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil (such as Hunt’s), undrained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
What you’ll do:
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the sirloin patties in flour and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook the patties 3 minutes on each side; or until browned.
- Add the stir-fry mixture, tomatoes and soy sauce to the meat in the pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Oxmoor House.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!