You can serve this salad chilled or at room temperature, depending on your preference. You can also substitute lime juice for lemon. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups cubed skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup jarred sliced peeled mango, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
What you’ll do:
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting the fat and salt.
- Combine the rice with the chicken, pineapple, mango, grapes and almonds in a bowl.
- Combine the mint, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, spoon 1 1/2 cups of the rice and fruit mixture on each lettuce leaf.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.