Using in-season produce, this salsa is great over grilled chicken or pork or with baked tortilla chips. Recipe serves 8 but doubles easily for a crowd.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh yellow corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 pound okra, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup bottled pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
What you’ll do:
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn; saute 3 minutes.
- Add the okra, saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in the jalapeno and spinach; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!