This time of year there’s usually an abundance of zucchini which means that you can find it fairly cheap at local farmers markets and the grocery store. Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
What you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard the seeds and membranes.
- Place peppers, skin-sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, flatten with hand.
- Broil 8 minutes or until blackened.
- Wrap pepper in foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- Peel and slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 9-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add zucchini and cook 6 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper; reduce heat to medium.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add to the zucchini mixture; cook 2 minutes or until edges are set.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!