Enjoy this fruit-studded chicken salad with whole-grain crackers, or spread it on whole wheat bread for a sandwich. Recipe serves 2 but can easily be multiplied to make more.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What you’ll do:
- Combine the mayonnaise, curry powder and water in a small bowl; whisk until combined.
- Add the chicken, chopped apple, celery, raisins and salt.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!