This herby pasta salad is perfect for a picnic or potluck gathering; double the recipe to serve a crowd. Medium shell-shaped pasta will also work in place of orecchiette.
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
What you’ll do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting the fat and salt.
- Add peas and the shrimp the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine the pasta mixture with the radishes in a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!