The spicy avocado spread has tons of flavor – but if you’re running short on time, use prepared guacamole from the grocery store or simply top the sandwich with avocado slices. Serve baked potato chips on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (3-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- green leaf lettuce
- tomato slices
- 4 white-wheat hamburger buns
For the avocado spread:
- 1 ripe, peeled avocado, coarsely mashed
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush both sides of the chicken cutlets with barbecue sauce.
- Place chicken on the grill that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken cutlet during the last minute of cooking.
- For the avocado spread, combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top the bottom half of each bun with lettuce, tomato and a piece of grilled chicken.
- Top the chicken with about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the avocado spread and then the top of the bun.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!