A green salad is all you’ll need to round out the meal. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (3 3/4 pound) whole roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken; trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, rind, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks.
- Tie ends of legs together with twine. Lift wing tips up and over back, and tuck under chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rack in a roasting pan.
- Toss potatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Arrange potato mixture evenly around chicken. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in meaty part of thigh registers 170°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Carve chicken, and serve with potatoes and lemon wedges.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!