Serve this hearty soup with a green salad. Recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 12 ounce large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the oil; swirl to coat.
- Add oregano, pepper, and garlic; saute 30 seconds.
- Add the wine (or broth); cook 1 minute.
- Add the stock and 1/2 cup water to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo; cook 6 minutes or until al dente.
- Stir in the marinara and shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of soup in each bowl.
- Top with a sprinkle of parsley and 1 tablespoon of feta.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!