Don’t let April end without celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month! Serve with a fruit salad. Recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 slices multi-grain bread
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
What you’ll do:
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese over 4 slices of bread.
- Top with 2 tomato slices.
- Arrange the avocado evenly over the tomato.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Lightly coat the outside of the sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each in half and serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!