Piled high with ham, cheese, and sour cream, this filling dish is a great way to use up extra ham from Easter. Using a microwave to cook the potatoes first saves more than an hour of baking time. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and arrange in a circle on paper towels in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 16 minutes or until done, rearranging the potatoes after 8 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch “shell” around the edges.
- Combine the potato pulp, ham, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, sour cream and pepper.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the shells.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese and the remaining green onions over the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and broil 4 minutes or until golden.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!