Just 6 ingredients are all you need to make this fresh pasta side. The lemon and basil brighten the dish making it perfect for a spring gathering. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What you’ll do:
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, omitting the added fat and salt.
- While the orzo cooks, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the lemon rind and the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the orzo, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
Recipe and image from Oxmoor House.
So what are you waiting on…Get dinner on the table!