Chock-full of colorful veggies, this dish gets a boost from hoisin sauce and rice vinegar. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
What you’ll do:
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, garlic, ginger and half of the green onions, breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- Cook until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, frozen peas, snow peas, carrots, hoisin sauce and rice vinegar to the turkey mixture and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Top with the remaining scallions.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!