Perfect for a breakfast-for-dinner meal or for brunch. Feel free to omit the green onions if you’re not a fan – though they add color and flavor. Recipes serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 8 (1-ounce) slices of whole-gran bread, crusts removed
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat both sides of the bread with cooking spray.
- Press each slice of bread into the cup of a muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cook slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, Combine the milk and eggs, whisking.
- Divide the egg mixture among the bread cups.
- Sprinkle evenly with onions and bacon.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!