Lemon and ginger give the fish a light and zesty flavor. Serve on top of a bed of wilted spinach. Recipe serves 4 in under 20 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cod, thawed or other firm white fish
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 5-ounce bags of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and cut into 4 pieces, if whole.
- Thinly slice one lemon, set aside.
- Zest and juice the remaining lemon.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon peel and juice, ginger and sugar.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the fish to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned.
- Turn the fish over and add the lemon juice mixture.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Remove the fish, place on a platter and cover.
- Add the lemon slices to the same skillet.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until the lemon is softened and the sauce has thickened.
- Place the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl along with the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until wilted, tossing after 1 minute.
- Serve the fish on top of the wilted spinach with the sauce, a slice of lemon and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Recipe and image from Better Homes and Gardens.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!