An Italian twist on a classic grilled cheese. Recipe makes 3 toasted sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 firm-rip tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
What you’ll do:
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil.
- Place 3 of the slices, oil side down, on a baking sheet.
- Layer with basil, tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with remaining bread slice, oil side up.
- Broil in the oven, turning once, until the cheese melted and the bread is toasted.
Recipe and image from Sunset.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!