This budget-friendly meal comes in at $2.50 a serving. Serve with steamed sugar snap peas. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chile paste (found on the ethnic aisle)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except the sirloin in a large bowl.
- Add the beef and gently combine.
- With your hands, form into 20 meatballs.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add half of the meatballs and cook 4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Arrange on a cooking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Repeat with the remaining meat balls.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until done.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!