If you don’t have chicken breasts, use chicken thighs or even pork – all pair perfectly with this sweet yet tangy sauce. Serve with rice and green beans. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and saute 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the broth, maple syrup, thyme and garlic to the pan; bring to a boil and scrap the bottom to remove the browned bits.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vinegar and mustard; cook for 1 minutes stirring constantly.
- Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the mustard mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Place the pan over medium heat; cook the mustard mixture for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve the chicken with the maple-mustard glaze.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!