This is a great no-cook sandwich to add to your dinner rotation. If you can’t find sprouts, no big deal – leave them off the sandwich. Or try this sandwich using black beans instead of white beans. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced thinly
- 4 to 5 ounces sprouts
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
What you’ll do:
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt and pepper.
- Roughly mash with the back of a fork.
- Divide the bean mixture equally among 4 slices of bread.
- Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts and avocado slices.
- Top with the remaining bread and cut in half, if desired.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!