Naturally high-fat foods like sharp cheeses and salty condiments can boost flavor without going overboard. If you don’t want to grill, sauté the chicken instead. Serve with quinoa or whole wheat couscous and steamed green beans. Recipe serves 8.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 8 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Place the pepper halves skin-sides up on a foil-lined baking sheet and flatten with your hand.
- Broil for 15 minutes or until blackened.
- Place in a zip-top bag and allow to steam for 15 minutes.
- Once steamed, peel off the blacked skin and discard.
- Chop the pepper.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the bell pepper, feta, olives and basil.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest part of the chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Stuff with two tablespoons of the mixture and close the opening with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!