Asparagus is one of Spring’s best vegetables and with spring right around the corner, why not try added a twist to the usual vegetable? Sweet raisins, tart orange rind and spicy red onion make these asparagus different than any you’ve ever add. Recipe makes 4 side dish portions.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon orange rind/zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What you’ll do:
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and the pine nuts; cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, raisins and honey; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and orange rind/zest.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter and sprinkle with pepper.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!