Don’t leave out the fresh ginger – it adds sweetness to the chicken. Feel free to use pork tenderloin instead of chicken thighs. Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
What you’ll do:
- Combine all the ingredients (except the rice) in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!