Tortillas serve as the crust for these quick and easy pizzas that are perfect for any night of the week. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups diced roasted chicken breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet.
- Press down to flatten, if necessary.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add corn and cook until lightly charred.
- Add the cumin, chicken, black beans and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- Spoon 3/4 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla; top with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!