Red quinoa has beautiful color and texture but regular quinoa will work perfectly, too. This recipe has 5 ingredients (salt, water and olive oil don’t count) and is the perfect meatless Monday dinner. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa (or regular)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
What you’ll do:
- Bring the water and the quinoa to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer 12 minutes or until the quinoa is tender; drain.
- Add the onion, vinegar, oil, salt, beans and tomatoes.
- Stir to combine.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!