A hearty one-dish dinner full of vegetables and protein. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
What you’ll do:
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and hoisin sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add the beef, tossing to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Remove the beef from the marinade (but save the marinade).
- Add the beef to the hot skillet and cook, 2 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the beef from the pan,
- Add the broccoli, red onion, carrots, water and sesame oil to the pan.
- Cook 4 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve the beef over the rice and sprinkle with green onion slices.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!