Ditch the high-calorie fried fish sandwiches you find at fast-food restaurants and make a healthier version at home. Recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 French bread rolls, toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Combine the cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, salt, coriander and red pepper in a shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of the fish with cooking spray.
- Dredge the fish in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Broil 10 minutes.
- Combine the butter, zest and juice in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter on the bottom half of each sandwich roll.
- Build each sandwich with a piece of fish, tomato and lettuce.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for...Get dinner on the table!