Once you gather all the ingredients, this one-dish meal comes together in a flash. If you’re not a fan of olives, leave them out. This makes 5 servings (2 cups each).
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked angel hair pasta (about 5 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 3/4 cup chopped plum tomato (TIP: if tomatoes aren’t in season, use canned diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper (yellow and/or red)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion (TIP: use a scissor to cut green onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (TIP: leave lemons out on the counter, they provide more juice when they’re not cold; or microwave for 10 seconds and then juice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme (or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Combine all the ingredients (except cheese and parsley) in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!