Prepare this smoky-sweet mix for a snack to have on hand all week! Makes 2 1/2 cups and stores well in a container for up to one week.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Combine the orange rind, juice and egg white in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine the sugar, salt and pepper. Add to the pecan mixture and toss well.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet that’s been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Stir in the cranberries.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!